Corven - Path of Redemption
Corwin reached out to the Corven folks to ask them some questions on what the game is about.
» Continue reading the article...
ATOM RPG: Post-apocalyptic indie game
ATOM RPG Review
Forgottenlor checked out if ATOM RPG was worth his time and found out it was.
» Read the article
I really play less
It is about the same
I definitely play more
I stopped playing
Forum WatchGedonia is 33% off, decent indie EA game by Shagnak
Warsim: The Realm of Aslona (Procedurally generated kingdom management RPG) by Wastelanderr
Prometheus Wept: The new turn based RPG from the developer of Vigilantes by Timeslip
Wild Terra 2: New Lands. Open World multiplayer life simulator in medieval world by rootstereo
Troubleshooter - Update #80
The tactical RPG Troubleshooter: Abandoned Children got a new update:
- In-game language selection has added to allow players to use the unofficial user translation.
- You can find it at [ INTERFACE → Language ] in game option.
- Restarting the game will be needed to apply the change.
- Supports unofficial translation of Traditional Chinese and Russian.
- A Search function has added to the [ Troublemaker List ].
- Character loading image has added to the [ Gallery ] mode.
- A function that allows you to select the maximum count and minimum count at the time you research a single mastery has added in the [ Mastery Researching ].
- [Disable ability camera movement ] option has added to the [ GAMEPLAY ] tab in game option.
- A description about the mastery that is part of mastery set and not revealed yet has added to the tooltip of the mastery set.
- Checkpoints have added to those don't have it.
- Quest missions of Leo (Beast Keeper) and Dembel (Weapons Merchant) have added.
- Quest missions that are related to them will be updated continuously.
- Increase amount of attack power per fire SP 1 has changed from 2 to 3.
- An image of [ Mission Control ] while you are using [ Challenge Mode ] has changed to notify you clearer what mode is currently you are using.
- Unequal distribution of the items through [ Activity Report ] has relieved.
- Images that are used on the [ Jukebox ] have changed to default image if they are not revealed yet in the [Gallery].
- In [Mastery Researching], masteries that required [ Insight ] have changed to require [Understanding] not [Insight].
- In [Mastery Researching], Some masteries that can be equipped by human only have removed from the list of [Main research material].
- In case of masteries that expand the limit of mastery slot or TP, it has changed to allow equip them in advance if it doesn't make any changes to the current mastery setup.
- UI of the [Jurisdiction] has changed.
- Once you unlock new difficulty, you can use that difficulty from the start of the new company.
In the mission result screen, it doesn't go to the next step while you are checking the battle stats.
- Fixed a bug that [Iron Fortress] had not been applied when a unit has [Battle mage of steel] mastery.
- Fixed a bug that [ Armorbreak ] had not been applied properly in a specific condition.
- Fixed a bug that [ Emergency Rescue System ] had not been activated in a specific condition.
- Fixed a bug that [ Fortification ] had not been activated when [ Successor of guardian ] had activated.
- Fixed a bug that calculation of SP and Cost that affect to ability damage applied not properly.
- Fixed a bug that level 45 items had not been clicked on the Records in the craft UI.
- Fixed a bug that you were able to change the screen resolution manually when you choose the [Borderless Window].
- Fixed a weird animation of [Seasoned hunting dog].
- Fixed typos.
- Mastery sets have added.
Troubleshooter: Abandoned ChildrenSP/MP: Single-player
Realms Beyond and Skald - Interview
Realms BeyondSP/MP: Single-player
Release: In development
Corven - Path of Redemption - Gameplay Trailer and Kickstarter Announcement
Gamebanshee reports that Corven - Path of Redemption has a new gameplay trailer and made a Kickstarter announcement.
The Lycantic team will be launching a Kickstarter campaign for their Ultima-inspired RPG Corven: Path of Redemption on June 9, 2020, along with the game's playable demo. In the meantime, you should check out Corven's new trailer that over the course of nearly four minutes showcases some exploration, combat, character building, and dialogues.
Release: In development
Dead Age 2 - Early Access Delayed to July 16th
Dead Age 2 has a slight delay to its Early Access debut on Steam, the target date is now July 16th.
Early Access Launch slightly delayed
Unfortunately we have a slight delay to announce: Due to the necessary work adjustments during the COVID-19 lockdown which were necessary to keep everyone at good health, the current version of Dead Age 2 did not quite reach the technical quality standards that we have set and wanted to achieve for the Early Access Release on June 3rd – we are close but simply not 100% there yet…
As we strive for the highest quality even for an Early Access release and as we feel we also owe this to you, the players, we mutually decided to postpone the Early Access to July 16, 2020 to secure the best possible game experience.
We apologize to everyone who counted down the last couple of weeks. And please believe us: This decision was not easy for us. But striving for excellence, we humbly ask for your understanding in this matter. Thank you for your patience, and rest assured that we can’t wait for you all to get your hands on what has been created over the last three years…
All the best and stay healthy!
Rayk & the Silent Dreams Team
Dead Age 2SP/MP: Single-player
Release: In development
Drox Operative 2 - Early Access
Drox Operative 2 has entered Early Access on Steam.
Anna, Texas, June 1, 2020 - Drox Operative 2 is now in Early Access on Steam!
Gamers who buy Drox Operative 2 Early Access will receive full access to the latest alpha build, a reduced price of only $14.99 (10% off first week), the opportunity to give Soldak feedback which can influence the game, and of course, the final version when it becomes available.
Drox Operative 2 is a starship action RPG with warring alien races, fierce space battles, a dynamic, evolving galaxy, and co-op multiplayer for Windows and Linux.
Eons ago the Drox crushed and enslaved the ancient races and ruled the galaxy through their mighty Operatives. These elite starship captains were trained to accomplish the impossible at whatever cost. Whether employing stealth or brute force, they were always deadly. Using these Operatives, the Drox ruled the galaxy with an iron grip for over 100,000 years. Eventually realizing their Operatives were a threat, they attempted to assassinate all of them. They failed. The following Galactic Civil War was so devastating that the Drox are now extinct. The Drox Operative guild, now fully independent, survived.
Newer races emerged and thrived in the power void ... for a while. Then the ancients returned. The wars were devastating, but with the Drox Operatives on their side, the ancients were beaten back and a truce was established.
Since the devastation, a 4th wave of sentient races are emerging in the galaxy. Unlike previous waves, there are thousands in this one and no one knows anything about them. In the new space race, the ancient, mature, and young races are all scouting, colonizing, and expanding, trying to take over the galaxy through diplomacy, technology, war, and any other means necessary.
As a Drox Operative it's NOT your job to manage an empire, you are after all the captain of a single starship. It IS your job to pick the winning side and maybe even help them conquer the galaxy if you're being nice, more importantly though is to rake in as many credits as possible, well that and build the deadliest ship in the known universe. Who will you back as an Operative? The ancient, mature, or young races? The pacifist or militaristic races? The xenophile or xenophobe races? The races that value freedom or the races that use slave labor? The strong or the weak? Your actions and inactions will impact trillions of alien lives!
* Explore a dynamic and evolving galaxy
* Explore a unique sector of the galaxy in every game, with different "monsters", ship components, quests, and even races
* Fight in the galactic war between the various alien races
* Battle hundreds of different enemy starships
* Build the coolest and deadliest starship in the galaxy
* Outfit your ship with thousands of components and crew
* Adventure with your friends with co-op multiplayer
* Essentially play an action RPG inside a universe of alien races playing a 4X game
Gedonia - Early Access Release
The Early Access version of the open world RPG Gedonia is now available:
Gedonia Gameplay Trailer 2020loading...
Gedonia is a classic open world rpg, featuring a complete freedom of building your character, exploring a huge world and completing quests. Early Access Game. Get instant access and start playing; get involved with this game as it develops.
Release: In development
Tale of Ronin - Interview @Escapist Magazine
The developers of Tale of Ronin were interviewed by Escapist Magazine.
The likelihood of success will depend in part upon three stats — energy, courage, and mind — which contribute to the overall focus of each combatant. “Trying to reduce the focus of your opponent to find an opening to attack can be a sound strategy,” said Fassihi.
Narrative events will also influence battle psychology and will be powered by another set of stats that measure the protagonist’s mental state. This system is designed to tap into the team’s mission of humanizing the ronin and presenting the realities of their conflicted life of revenge, uncertainty, shame, and friendship.
Fassihi provided a handful of examples of how this idea will emerge during the gameplay experience: “Camaraderie is a gameplay stat for the characters in a party. It is a bond between them. This bond could increase or decrease based on their shared experiences, whether adventuring or in combat. The value of camaraderie will then affect the narrative events or the battle.
“The reverse of ‘honor,’ which is ‘shame,’ is another important stat for the characters. The gamer needs to make sure this shame does not exceed a specific limit. The value will affect the game narrative. Betrayal can happen everywhere in the story.”
Tale of RoninSP/MP: Single-player
Release: In development
Soulborn - Alpha Trailer & Interview @Gamingbolt
The concept of having a central weapon that can transform and take different shapes is an interesting one. How much variety does this inject into combat, and how many different weapon forms will there be in the game?
The real potential Mjolnir offers the player to choose between different weapon types. It is possible to use Mjolnir as a sword, a hammer or even as a bow. Especially the bow provides a wide selection of arrows like fire and ice types. To be victorious, it is essential for the player to know his opponents. Each opponent is characterized by his own strengths and weaknesses. This will always present the player with new challenges.
You’ve mentioned Zelda as an influence on Soulborn– can you speak about that a little more and how it impacts the game’s structure?
Without a doubt, Zelda is a great inspiration for us. Further, we really love puzzles and dungeons. So instead of just defeating enemies to earn the best equipment we want to create different types of challenges for our audience. That way we try to keep the gaming experience and joy at a high level through the whole game.
How much of an emphasis does the game put on exploration? Is it incentivized through things such as optional dungeons?
Exploration is one of the main elements of Soulborn, so we want to make it as rewarding as we can. Besides tricky puzzles and challenging fights there will be much more that players can enjoy, like secret dungeons, hidden places, crafting systems and so on.
Release: In development
Wasteland 3 - Choice and Consequence (Behind the Scenes)
Brian Fargo explains how choice and consequence will work in Wasteland 3.
inXile Studio Head Brian Fargo and the Wasteland 3 development team explain how the post-apocalyptic game world of Colorado reacts to the player's choices and actions with bona fide consequences. Wasteland 3 will be released on August 28 for Xbox One, PC, and PS4.
Knights of the Chalice II - Kickstarter Update #9
How to create non-linear adventures? Read the Kickstarter update #9 for Knights of the Chalice II:
Update #9: How to Create Non-Linear Adventures!
In today's update, we will review various approaches RPG designers can adopt to create intelligent non-linear adventures. This reflection came about with the help of Tiavals and much of the text below was written by him.
Non-linear adventures can be particularly enjoyable to RPG players thanks to the feeling of player freedom they create. Non-linearity itself is seen by many players as something that is very valuable. Non-linearity can also make a game a lot more replayable.
However, non-linear adventures present particular difficulties for map and module designers. If the adventure is linear, the designer knows exactly what level the party is at when facing each particular encounter. As a result, he or she can tailor each encounter and make sure that all encounters are very challenging and interesting to the player.
If the adventure is non-linear, the designer does not know what level the party has reached when it meets a particular group of enemies, and the party's level is likely to be too high for the encounters.
Using a system of automatic enemy level scaling would be unrealistic and wholly unsatisfactory. The question then is how should we handle the loss of challenge that comes from the fact that the party's level is too high for the encounters being faced?
We will now outline seven possible solutions to the problem.
Vagrus: The Riven RealmsSP/MP: Single-player
Release: In development
Knights of the Chalice II - Kickstarter Funded & Character Classes Video
The Knights of the Chalice II Kickstarter has funded with 36 days still remaining. Also the latest update talks about character classes.
Update #3: Character Classes video!
The first day of the campaign is nearly over, and we've very nearly reached the campaign's goal!
I have just uploaded the second video in support of the KotC 2 Kickstarter campaign.
The second video presents the main strengths, weaknesses and synergies of each of the 22 character classes in KotC 2. There will be separate Kickstarter updates for the three additional classes of Spell Weaver, Summoner and Necromancer.loading...
Tomorrow I will post on Youtube the six-minute trailer of KotC 2.
In a short while, I will post another update here about the first three companions in the KotC 2 trilogy! :)
Thank you for the awesome support everyone!! Have a great day! :)
Back to Ashes - Dark Fantasy ARPG in Early Access
Back to Ashes released into Steam Early Access back in late April and is described as a dark fantasy ARPG game where you journey deep into the realms of Errent while exploring alternative realities to try and save your own.
Worlds Are Being Consumed By Spreading Disease.
Explore dead realms to find the way to save Your own.
Join the journey through dark, corrupted worlds and experience epic enemy encounters.
Grab the Weapon- learn skill based combat and work out own style.
Face the Fate- fight Your way through corrupted realms, experience Your world's future and face the Primordial.
Find Your Own Way - choose between different statistics, traits and randomly generated items to build unique gameplay which fits you. Discover a plethora of different bonuses, runes and other components, gaining unlimited spoils.
Project started in early 2018 and so far was being developed by one-person-team. Luckily a couple of great talents around the world helped with pieces like music, graphic elements or voice-overs. Thanks to all of You.
Back to AshesSP/MP: Single-player
Release: In development
Drox Operative 2 - Interview @ Space Game Junkie
Space Game Junkie interviewed Steven Peeler about Drox Operative 2.
You seemed to hem and haw on an actual sequel to Drox for a while? What finally convinced you to move forward with an actual sequel?
I was always hoping I could return to the Drox world, the first one was quite fun to work on. The hemming and hawing was really just because I don’t tend to make decisions on future games. I try to focus on the current game as much as possible.
What would you say you were least satisfied with in regards to the first game that you hope to correct in the sequel?
I would say it was the movement in general. It ended up being slower, and not as important as other systems, as I would have liked. In the sequel, it has been sped up quite a bit, you can dodge more incoming attacks than before, and you can actually collide with enemy ships. Basically, used well movement can help you greatly and used poorly it will get you into more trouble.
On the opposite tack, what do you think worked best in the original that you hope to improve or expand upon in the sequel?
I think the atmosphere of existing in this universe that responds to your actions but also evolves based on what all of the races are doing worked really well and is still pretty unique. This is still very true in the sequel, but we are giving the players even more tools to impact the universe around them.
Knights of the Chalice II - Kickstarter Launch Day
The Knights of the Chalice II Kickstarter will soon be launching.
Dear RPG lovers, developers, influencers, video game news providers and close friends,
I hope you've been sharpening your swords and memorising your spells! :D
The Knights of the Chalice 2 Kickstarter fundraising campaign will be launched in less than 72 hours, so I'm sending you an email just to keep you updated. The campaign will be launched on Tuesday 26 May 2020 at 7 am US Central time (2 pm Paris / Berlin time).
Here is the link to the campaign: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1848628223/knights-of-the-chalice-2-revolutionise-old-school-crpgs. The first adventure, Augury of Chaos, and the module and campaign editor for Windows and Mac OS will be released to backers as soon as the campaign ends.
Yesterday, I uploaded the new version of the Kickstarter Stretch Goals image, featuring nine highly-unconventional recruitable companions. If you've always dreamt of adventuring in the company of an intelligent Gelatinous Cube, rejoice! Your dream will finally come true!
Knights of the Chalice 2 is a party-based epic computer role-playing game with turn-based combat. KotC 2 is inspired by Baldur's Gate 2, Neverwinter Nights 2, Temple of Elemental Evil and Planescape: Torment. Just like KotC 1, KotC 2 uses the OGL 3.5, the ruleset at the root of Dungeons and Dragons 3.5.
The Kickstarter campaign will support the creation of at least three new KotC 2 adventure modules: The Dark Arena, Forces of Chaos and Heart of Evil. The campaign will also be used to improve the game's graphics and facilitate the addition of new character classes and other features.
In KotC 2: Augury of Chaos, your Heroic Party confronts a group of Evil Fanatics allied with various Demons and Fiendish Dragons. Blast your enemies with more than 700 spells, bull-rush them into spike pits, trick them with your superior guile, or crush them with your enchanted greatsword! See them driven before you and hear the lamentations of their women, as your valiant party progresses all the way from level 1 to level 21.
Following the Kickstarter, the game is planned to be released on the developer's website, http://www.heroicfantasygames.com, and on Steam / GOG after a relatively short period of time dedicated to the improvement of the game. A Reddit Ask Me Anything session is planned at r/Games on 11 June from 8 am Central time (3 pm Paris time).
I'm counting on you to spread the word so that we can give the campaign the best possible start it can have. Feel free to share this message with your friends and social networks! :-)
If you would like to post an image or the launch text on your social networks, please feel free to download the latest version of the KotC 2 Kickstarter promo pack.
Thank you so much everyone for supporting this project that I am so passionate about!
PS 1. I would like to give special thanks to Tactical Adventures, the developer of SRD 5.1 CRPG Solasta: Crown of the Magister, for the kind help and support provided to the Kickstarter. You can check out the game at https://www.solasta-game.com/
PS 2. I also would like to give special thanks to 6 Eyes Studio, the developer of Fell Seal: Arbiter’s Mark, for their kind support. You can check out their website at https://www.fellseal.com/ and their Steam page at https://store.steampowered.com/app/699170/Fell_Seal_Arbiters_Mark/?curator_clanid=35047933
PS 3. I also would like to give special thanks to Iron Tower Studio, the developer of The Age of Decadence, Dungeon Rats and Colony Ship. You can check out their website at http://irontowerstudio.com/
KotC 2 Features:
- Turn-based, party-based tactical combat similar to that found in the old Dark Sun Shattered Lands game made by SSI and in Troika's Temple of Elemental Evil.
- User-friendly interface. Launch a charge, full-attack or coup-de-grace with a single click - the computer will automatically look for the best option available. Out of combat, move the party with a single click or by keeping the mouse button pushed. Also see the KotC 1 How to Play webpage for more information.
- A well-developed emergent Artificial Intelligence. Enemies act as a group and support each other. They can use special actions like Grapple, Trip, Ready Versus Spell or Swallow Whole and tactics like taking a Five-Foot step before casting Maximised Fireball. They might use a Wind spell to dissipate the player's Acid Fog or Incendiary Cloud.
- Omnipresent help files and clear in-game feedback (a feature also found in Temple of Elemental Evil) on the results of each dice roll, saving throw, attack roll, modifiers and so on.
- More than 700 Spells and Psionic Powers (see the list of Wizard spells). The game also features 22 Classes, 10 Races, 36 Subraces, 478 Feats, 41 Cleric Domains, 71 Weapon enchantments and 51 Armour and Shield enchantments. Click here for more information about the Classes, Feats and other topics.
- With the right materials and sufficient gold and experience points, craft your own weapons and armour and apply enchantments like Vorpal, Life Stealing, Wounding, Swift, Dispelling or Flaming Burst (see the complete list).
- Multiple-choice dialogue options offering real choices and real in-game consequences to the player. Use your party's unique skills and consider your own preferences and playing style in order to resolve situations in the most suitable manner.
- Enjoy a variety of engrossing puzzles and riddles. Use your intuition and logical thinking to decrypt mysterious coded messages. The game's cryptography interface, inspired by Broken Sword Shadow of the Templars, makes decoding a captivating activity. Do not worry about the difficulty of puzzles and riddles though, as the game frequently provides Hints designed to help you resolve this type of challenge.
- KotC 2 Augury of Chaos allows you to create your level-1 characters and take them all the way to level 21 or so. There is no limit on character level.
- Use the powerful integrated toolset to create new modules and campaigns easily. Easily swap monster tokens and sprites or create new ones. Create new monsters, new dialogues and new maps easily. The best adventure modules may also generate an income stream for you.
- Enjoy fast Saved-Game loading and saving and various game options designed to accelerate gameplay. Enjoy various convenience features, such as the Saved-Game preview image display, Tab key press to highlight objects that may be interacted with, or the Inventory Screen highlighting of spell scrolls that may be learned by a character.
Cheers! Best regards everyone!
Wasteland 3 - Dev Diary 2
The second developer diary for Wasteland 3 has been made available.
Our second Dev Diary is with Brian Fargo and Senior Writer Nathan Long who sit down to explain the setting you’ll explore and people you’ll meet as you direct the story of Colorado’s future. Plus it includes a first reveal of the Patriarch’s daughter—Liberty!
Avernum: Escape From the Pit - Retrospective Review @ RPG Crawler
Avernum: Escape From the PitSP/MP: Single-player
Wasteland 3 - The Story, World, and Characters Video
A new video for Wasteland 3 titled 'The Story, World, and Characters (Behind the Scenes)'
inXile studio head Brian Fargo and the Wasteland 3 development team introduce you to the story, world, and characters you'll find in the player-choice-driven RPG Wasteland 3, which is due out on August 28 for Xbox One, PC, and PS4.
ATOM RPG: Trudograd - Preview @ Gameffine
Gameffine (formally indianNoob) has previewed the Trudograd expansion of ATOM RPG.
Before we begin, let’s address the mutated elephant in the room. Like ATOM before it, Trudograd is in Early Access for about 6-8 months. That means that what’s on offer right now is just a fraction of what the final game will encompass. Now, I know that Early Access doesn’t have the best reputation these days thanks to STEAM’s glowing ‘quality control’ and the actions of several shady developers. I also know that most people refrain from touching EA products because they do not want to experience games in short, disjointed bits and would rather wait for the full release. That’s completely understandable and no one would blame you for skipping out on EA games, how good they may be.
While ATOM RPG Trudograd only has about 5 major locations, just over 20 sidequests and 3 main quests implemented right now, it’s in a far better place than where ATOM was when it launched on EA. AtomTeam seems to have learned a lot from their first rodeo in EA and have put all that knowledge into making this small vertical slice of Trudograd for potential buyers. Visually, Trudograd looks slightly better, especially at night times. There are lots of QoL features. The translation has improved a lot. It’s less buggy. The inventory and journal systems aren’t a mess anymore and quests and characters are more interesting and varied so far. Overall, there seems to be a noticeable improvement in the coat of polish applied. The devs are also very active in STEAM discussions and are openly taking complaints and feedback there. I think it’s safe to assume that Trudograd will come out better and more refined than ATOM ever did.
ATOM RPG: TrudogradSP/MP: Single-player
Release: In development
Geneforge 1 - Mutagen - May Update
It’s time for the Geneforge 1 - Mutagen progress report for May! Happily, we’ve gotten a lot done in the last month. Being under quarantine has made it difficult to concentrate, but we’ve managed. We know we absolutely owe you a game, and that helps us not be too distracted.
Here is what we’ve done, and we have more ways you can help to shape the game!
We have now finished a tenth of the game world, or 8 out of 80 sections. Now we are playing through the early sections as all three character classes. It’s a new game system, and we need to make sure the balance is fair, the game plays properly, and things are fun. We are getting lots of great art from our freelancers and programming in big chunks of the game engine. Having the game be playable by humans is a big step forward, and it’s really exciting.
We have spent a lot of time improving the original game text and then adding to it. We’re adding lore, quests, and bits of conversation that round out the story. People who already played Geneforge will find a lot to surprise them.
We are getting closer to the full-on world-building grind, where the engine is done and we are focused purely on making the game world, a section a day.
The New Creation!
We got many cool suggestions for the new creation. The second most popular suggestion was sort of virus, which, well, we decided not to do that. The most popular suggestion was some sort of bird, and that is indeed something missing.
The new creation is going to be a cockatrice. It is a large bird,with brightly-colored rainbow plumage. It is a powerful, volatile creation. It has both magical attacks and attacks that daze or stun foes, but its abilities might have a chance of rebounding on nearby allies.
That is where we currently are. We would love suggestions for the sort of actual abilities the cockatrice would have. If you’d like a chance for your suggestion to get into the game, send it to [email protected] before June 16.
Backers Who Contribute To the Game
A little over a month ago, we sent our information packs to backers who get to contribute names, items, characters, etc. to the game. We’ve gotten a ton of great responses and ideas. Thank you for that! A lot of really exciting stuff!
If you haven’t made contact with us yet, it is a great idea to consider doing that. We haven’t heard anything from most of the backers who are contributing names or quests. If you never received the info packet we sent out, send us a Kickstarter message and we’ll resend it.
And now it is back to game balancing! Below is more of the great character art we’ve been getting. Hope you like it, and you’ll hear from us soon!
- Jeff Vogel