Corven - Path of Redemption
Corwin reached out to the Corven folks to ask them some questions on what the game is about.
» Continue reading the article...
ATOM RPG: Post-apocalyptic indie game
ATOM RPG Review
Forgottenlor checked out if ATOM RPG was worth his time and found out it was.
» Read the article
Yes, I like paving the way for others
Sometimes, depending on the situation
Rarely, only for games I back or just can't wait for
Never, this is an industry travesty and I refuse to pay to test their game
ATOM RPG: Trudograd - Update Version 0.8.1 by Redglyph
General News - 10 Games for Fallout Fans by Redglyph
Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen - Retrospective Review by Odrid
Witcher 3 - Next-Gen Update might be using some Fan-made Mods by JDR13
Forum WatchSpaceWreck: postapoc space RPG inspired by Fallout by Kamaz
Happy to introduce Last Quest by Zartanos
Sentinels of Freedom update by Carnifex
Astrox - Imperium by Ivanwah
ATOM RPG: Trudograd - Update Version 0.8.1
Redglyph spotted an update for ATOM RPG: Trudograd:
April Update ver. 0.8.1
Today we would like to introduce you to ATOM RPG: Trudograd's 4th content update!
We have added unique missions for both factions, the police and the revolutionaries; we have added new side quests and characters to already existing locations; as well as new maps and even secrets.
Based on your feedback, we are also continuing to work on combat mechanics. For example, depending on the type of encounter, your opponents will now coordinate their actions more often, creating problems for the player character not only using their overwhelming numbers or high skills and stats, but also through the ability to work in teams.
In addition, we have revised the difficulty of some story-related battles and we hope that this will have a positive impact on the gaming experience of our community.
Also, we want to show you the ballistics mechanics which are currently under development and were announced earlier. The main idea of this mechanic is that bullets and projectiles fired from firearms and crossbows can now pierce through not only the first target, but also the one behind it.
For us, this mechanic is a big step forward, so we really want to get your opinion on this innovation. And don't forget that your opponents can do everything you can! ;)
In general there are a number of additions to improve the gaming experience:
- Now you can safely move from point to point on the Global Map, because to enter any location you will now need to confirm your choice with the "Enter" button.
- Some temporary locations like the Cult Lair, etc. will receive an approximate difficulty level marker, ranging from 1 to 5 stars. The more stars, the more difficult the location and the battle on it will be. At the moment this system is static, but in the future it will hopefully be directly tied to the level of your character.
- We have moved the shortcut keys for the actions "Information", "Steal", "Lockpick", "Repair" and so on, following the example of the original ATOM. These actions are available on the numeric keypad using keys 1 through 4.
A complete list of changes included in the update is available below:
- Continued storylines for the Revolutionaries and the Police;
- Added 5 new locations;
- Added characters and quests for existing locations (Police, Docks, Factory, Grey Corner, Mikhalych's Tavern);
- Added several new weapon modifications;
- Added ballistics mechanics for firearms and crossbows;
- Fixed a number of errors that caused the console to pop out;
- Fixed behavior of special armor in cases when it runs out of fuel;
- Fixed a bug with transferring Hexogen’s characteristics when transferring progress from ATOM;
- Fixed a bug that made it impossible to interact with the radio on leaving the location;
- Fixed a bug where the player could kill Francis Liao without consequence;
- Fixed a logic error when companions healed spiders during battle at the "Underground testing area" location;
- Fixed a bug where companions changed their location after reloading a save;
- Opening videos now play correctly on Windows 7;
- Fixed a number of minor bugs.
ATOM RPG - Devtalk #2 (Eng)loading...
ATOM RPG: TrudogradSP/MP: Single-player
Release: In development
Inferno - Beyond the 7th Circle - Review
Wizard Worm checked out the dungeon crawler Inferno - Beyond the 7th Circle:
Inferno - Beyond the 7th Circle Review (New Old School Dungeon Crawler)loading...
Come see my Inferno - Beyond the 7th Circle Review. It`s a new dungeon crawler made in old school style. It's inspired by classic cRPG from the 90s. An old-school game for hardcore players. If you've enjoyed classic CRPG from the 90s, you will like this game.You will see inferno beyond the 7th circle gameplay and my first look.
Inferno - Beyond the 7th CircleSP/MP: Single-player
Genre: Dungeon Crawler
Black Geyser - Finds a Publisher
The Black Geyser devs team up with V publishing for the furhter development and release of the game.
Thank you for being patient with us. We are very excited to announce that we have partnered with indie game publisher V Publishing. We're excited to work with a publishing team that has years of experience promoting and developing games.
As a team we felt we needed a partner to help us deliver a great experience and provide valuable insights into the marketing and final gameplay experience, but did not want a traditional publisher to come and take away the creative control of the game. That is why we have teamed up with V Publishing. It is a true partnership, and we are working to see the original vision of the game come to life as intended. The team at V will be helping us improve many aspects of the final game and they have already started putting multiple plans in place, including regular development updates, more community engagement and activities, and of course announcing plans regarding launching the game.
Michael Brown, the CEO of V Publishing, wanted to pass on a quick message to all our community members: “As huge fans of games like Icewind Dale and Baldur's Gate, the whole team at V are looking forward to helping improve and deliver a great indie CRPG with depth, and a narrative experience that will be memorable. We hope to add huge value to GrapeOcean’s team and start getting the game in the hands of you all later this year. We are excited to also become members of the community and having fun with you all in the coming months.”
As for our team here, we hope this announcement gets you excited for what we have coming up. We’ll be launching the Steam page and releasing new content details in the coming weeks so stay tuned for that!
Black GeyserSP/MP: Single-player
Release: In development
Legend of Keepers - Review
ItsYoji checked out the dungeon management game Legend of Keepers:
Be an Evil Dungeon Master! - Legend of Keepers - Full Release PC Reviewloading...
Legend of Keepers is a dungeon defense management roguelite with RPG elements. With goofy humor, beatiful pixelart, a banger soundtrack and a large variety of monster units and traps to choose from as well as a decent amount of events, I had a really good time playing this game and would very much recommend it to you guys as well :)
Vagrus: The Riven Realms - Event UI
The Event user interface in Vagrus: The Riven Realms has been reworked to improve the reading and playing experience.
In this short article we've collected the recent changes to the Event UI in a more detailed format. This is something that's been a long time coming and we believe that it improves the playing- and reading-experience considerably.
What you have and what you need to make choices are called dependencies (a fancier name for 'requirements' really) and from now on, these are much better differentiated. Each category has its own icon and detailed tooltips. Optional dependencies are now signified as such, and many hidden, story-related dependencies at least show up to inform players that they are lacking something for that choice.
Unsung Story - May Update
The May update for Unsung Story continues to talk about why progress is slow.
I think it's important to acknowledge that the studio is just swamped right now, and my own time has been severely limited from interacting with the players and our community. I'm hoping that will shift soon.
We currently have seven titles in some stage of development not including projects that are on the back burner right now like Fallen Earth.
They fall into 3 categories:
- Backlogged titles close to being finished
- Development titles that we are being paid to make
- Unsung Story
For category one, we have 3 nearly completed projects that are all blocked in some way from being released. Some of these like the APB engine upgrade and Descent have been previously announced. One of them hasn't. Each of them has had significant investment, but also has a significant issue preventing us from proceeding. It is excruciating to be so close on so many fronts. It just means that at some point we are going to have a steady stream of new Little Orbit games every couple months.
For category two, we have 3 development projects that are work-for-hire. Two are short term and should ship before the end of this year, and one is targeting next year. As the CEO, I try to balance the development work, because I don't want to take away too much focus on our own stuff, but these projects give us more financial stability.
And then there is Unsung Story.
That's been a passion project for us since 2017, and after the Chapter 1 Early Access release I recognized that it still needs a bit of work before we can jump back into full production.
I know that this project has had a lot of bad history with the previous developer jumping off into other titles that were supposed to fund Unsung. In keeping with this month's theme about "talking", I assure you that this isn't just a lot of talk with no action. In the past, that didn't work out so well, so I want to point out several key differences between what we're doing and what has occurred in the past:
- We have already publicly released the Chapter 1 Early Access builds and more are on their way.
- We are continuing work on Unsung - even while the studio handles other projects. I'll talk about some of that progress today.
- Our development projects aren't speculative. In the past, the previous developer diverted Unsung funds into a different project, gambling that it would generate enough income for them to switch back. That's not the case here. Our development projects are fully funded and generating revenue for us.
- Lastly, the extra time we are taking since the beginning of 2021 is helping us to go back and adjust some core elements that received negative criticism to improve the overall game.
Finally, I am painfully aware how long this project is taking to come to fruition, and I'm very much committed to getting a large updated to Early Access in your hands as soon as possible with Chapter 2 very soon after that.
There is also some information on the progress that was made.
1. Significant design re-work.
I mentioned in March that we had shifted the design team around. Ultimately this is our first big tactics game, so this process has been quite a bit bigger than I expected as we take lessons learned and adjust things. This has been a system by system examination to determine whether they are achieving what we wanted.
We analyzed all 25 jobs and found 4 jobs have Sleep skills, 5 jobs have Rage skills, 6 jobs have Stun skills, 9 jobs have Evasion skills, 10 jobs have Healing skills, and 11 jobs have Hinder skills.
That analysis revealed the following problems:
- Skills are too similar diffusing the uniqueness of jobs
- Jobs have too many skills reducing the need to switch jobs as play progresses
- Many jobs lack a central game mechanic which means they become hybrids of other jobs
- Not enough variation for gameplay
With that in mind we have already started going back through each job to pair down and focus things.
The new design goals are:
- Preserve the existing design where ever possible
- Find the fun is what is working
- Each job needs to have unique skills
- Offer emergent roles through combining jobs
- Offer power boosts through combining the right characters with the right jobs
This month we completed our first pass on this entire effort.
2. Significant story re-work.
As we started the design analysis and tried to jump into level designs, it became clear that some of the story elements were too intricate to allow the level designers enough creative latitude to build fun levels. Since March, we have been taking a red pen through the storyline and streamlining things a bit more. This effort is now complete, which has now given design a super clear set of areas where they can start evaluating Chapter 2 level designs again.
Additionally it has let our narrative team collaborate with the design team to plan where to introduce each enemy type / new mechanic for the player to defeat and then open a new job in the Opus.
3. Finishing Female job models and animations.
Progress on this item was a little slower than I had hoped. We should be complete with the final rigging and animations by the end of May.
4. UI changes to the Opus.
This is still ongoing. We have some User Experience comps that are pretty good. But we are continuing to polish before we start implementing.
"Talking" Dialog Presentation
For this month, I want to spend some time going through one of the other areas we have been working on and talk about talking.
In February and March I mentioned feedback surrounding the cutscenes and dialog. Back in that update, we decided to ditch the talking 3D heads. It was clearly a failed idea. Since then we have shifted to a more traditional JRPG presentation with full portraits of our characters on each line in different emotional poses to convey a bit more drama with less distraction.
This effort required us to find an external art team to do conceptual designs for each of the story characters and then hand paint their dialog poses.
I thought it would be fun to share the development of these concepts and then comps of the new dialog system. Some of this is still work in progress, so bear with me.
Unsung StorySP/MP: Single + MP
Release: In development
Black GeyserSP/MP: Single-player
Release: In development
Legend of Keepers - Review @ PC Invasion
PC Invasion has reviewed Legend of Keepers:
Legend of Keepers review — Where there's a whip
When KPI means "kill people ingeniously."
You’ve already cleared dungeons, killed their end bosses, and stolen the loot uncountable times. Maybe you have even managed to run a dungeon as a keeper of sorts. But how about running a dungeon as a business; a business that wants to attract adventures to die? Then you need to play Legend of Keepers.
Damn, this is where I usually put my plot paragraph, but that’s basically it. All the dungeons in the fantasy world of Legend of Keepers are run by a corporation staffed with literal (and not metaphorical, like in real life) monsters. You are a manager of a dungeon, which makes you the end boss. It’s your job to populate a linear dungeon with traps and monsters to kill or scare away groups of adventurers.
Legend of Keepers is a game that’s a lot smoother than its title. Seriously, I had written the whole review for "Legend of Keeper" before catching my mistake in editing. The art is fantastic, the writing is fitting, and the repetition might be repetitive, but not too much so. The campaign format leaves the doors wide open for future DLC, and the game already has mod support. But it’s too bad that some modders (the ones not porting Heroes of Might and Magic III models) are only interested in putting more anime waifus into the game.
Score: 8/10 -
Legend of Keepers is a fairly engrossing game with a simple yet fun gameplay loop and glorious gory pixelart.
Knights of the Chalice II - Version 1.13
Shamroxor spottet Kickstarter update #46 for Knights of the Chalice II:
Update #46: KotC 2 Version 1.13 Adds Difficulty Options, Encounters, Dialogue Options!
Hello everyone! Version 1.13 of KotC 2 Augury of Chaos is now available for download here for both Windows and macOS. The main changes are the new village content and new difficulty settings.
My attention was diverted too many times in April, so I couldn't do as much as I would have liked. Still, I was able to complete work on the difficulty overhaul. I also added a bunch of encounters in the village map. As a result, now the adventure begins on the road leading to the village.
Thank you Juhani for the awesome ideas for new dialogue options and skill-use options that can be used to reduce difficulty! I've implemented most of the things that you suggested. Also thank you Fred for the awesome village-encounter ideas! I've implemented at least some of them.
List Of Improvements & Bug Fixes In KotC 2 Version 1.13
- Added the four main difficulty settings from Easy to Very Hard, as well as a bunch of additional difficulty options: start the concentration bonus at +4, progressive death threshold, recover a percentage of Hit Points after each encounter, and expanded character-class skills.
- Added some encounters in the village and some NPCs. After dealing with the tax collector, I suggest you deal with the giant bees, then rest two times, then talk to the bailiff to start the main events. P.S. I know there's an issue when Zerria revives a dead or unconscious character. I will fix that soon.
- Fixed a bug with end-of-fight scripts and death scripts in version 1.12. My apologies for that issue.
- Fixed a crash in the editor when double-clicking on item slots, and other editor bugs.
- Monks with a Wisdom-enhancement item will benefit from a higher Dodge bonus to Armour Class.
- Added the script command 'Event Wait' when you simply want to display the main view for a while.
- Expanded the script command 'Set non-combat behaviour' to allow for characters leaving a map or playing a unique animation.
- Used a chessboard transparency pattern on the village's overlay layer so that we can always see the characters behind trees and buildings.
- When you defeat the enemies quickly and enemy reinforcements were supposed to arrive in later rounds, these reinforcements will now arrive immediately as the default behaviour (previously, the default behaviour was to end the battle). You can use the new creature-AI setting "Don't join fight if group defeated" if you'd rather have the reinforcements not arrive when the player managed to defeat all the enemies early.
- Fixed a bug with the character-creation interface not recording the sprite of new characters.
- Created new tokens for enemy kobolds using PVG sprite artwork, see Graphics/Tokens/Kobold-Enemy-Brown-1.png and the green and red versions. Also added Graphics/Tokens/Red-Dragon-Ancient-4.png, Graphics/Tokens/Gold-Dragon-Ancient-4.png and Graphics/Tokens/Efreeti-Blue-2.png.
- Added a bunch of new monster sprites: Hydra, Giant Frog in several colours, Evil Eye in several sizes and colours, Giant Snake in several sizes and colours, Giant Beetle in two sizes, Giant Scorpion in several sizes and colours, four new Elementals, as well as the Gargoyle, Mimic, Naga and Harpy.
- Added a couple of new pre-generated characters (please rename your own file Saves/ CharacterRoster.cml before installing the new version, if you'd like to see the new characters).
Fixed a bug with scrolling the view beyond the top edge.
- In the creature editor, 'effects' page, added a button to make it easier to add reduced-difficulty negative levels to creatures.
- Added some extra effects to the dialogue options in the first fight against Pizarra (in Chapter 1). See the options [Streetwise], [Archery], [Divine Champion], [Psionics], and [Arcana]. They all do some interesting things.
- Added a bunch of dialogue options to help in the battle against King Tribulus of the Green Goblins. For example, you can have your Half-Giant clear the rubble before the fight. You'll get even more help if you talk to the Elder of the Grey Goblins before the battle.
- Added a dialogue option to stun the Hydra when it gets summoned by the Lizardman King.
- Added a couple of Bard skill options that can be used when Pizarra summons the Ice Devil.
- Added new options in the fight against the Soul Sucker Mastermind. Notably, a Bard can use the keyboard instrument in the room while the fight is taking place. You'll have to move your Bard close to the keyboard and then click on the keyboard to use it. The effects are quite interesting! :-) That's the first time I allow clicking on an activable object during combat, by the way.
- Added a Giant Spider Prince who can help in the fight against the Giant Spider Queen, if you use the right dialogue options. If you keep him alive, he will trade with you afterwards. He has two artifact weapons and a couple of expensive robes in his inventory that you can buy.
- The Genie will now help you in the Castle Gate battle, if you select the right dialogue options. But if you've sold the Genie's Lamp, then he won't appear.
- A Gold Dragon will offer to help you in the Castle Courtyard battle right after the Gate battle.
- Added more dialogue options in the fight against Aeromancers in the High Sewers.
- Fixed bugs with the Wizard feats Fire Magic, Cold Magic, Acid Magic and Electricity Magic.
- Fixed a bug with the 'Execute Script' scripted command.
- When targeting a spell, the game will now use a green text colour to highlight any allies that will be affected by the spell. Very useful when there are both hostile and friendly creatures in the battlefield.
- Fixed a sprite display bug when curing an unconscious character.
- In the editor, when mousing over a creature that has scripts, the tooltip will indicate what scripts the creature has. This is very useful when you don't remember which creature in a group has the End Of Fight or Scene script, for example. You no longer have to open the properties of every creature to look for it. The tooltip will also indicate whether the creature is a group leader.
- Increased the volume of the soundtracks Cave of Whispers.ogg and Well of Souls.ogg.
Knights of the Chalice IISP/MP: Single-player
Release: In development
Mists of Noyah - v0.9 News
The latest devlog for Mists of Noyah brings good news on development.
v1.0 trailer spoiler
Unfortunately we won't be able to release the patch right now. I will list some of the problems we are facing, to make it clear to everyone. Following is good news.
The New Save System
Many players on Discord have asked for this mechanic. We accepted it but it also had a high development cost , as we had to redo it from scratch, excluding the entire old system.
In the old one, you created the characters within the world, if you entered another world, you would have to create a new character from scratch. With the new system, you can browse with your character on any server of other friends, something similar to MMO games.
Complexity of Talents
Since the beginning, our focus has always been on quality, which runs in the opposite direction of the speed of development.
The talents were great, but very complex. The options would be:
1 - Reduce the number of talents
2 - Reduce talent complexity
3 - Increase the development cost
The only option that does not reduce the quality of the game is 3, so we keep it. The characters are very well built to relax in the final stretch. Most of the skills in the current version are simple projectiles and area damage. Nothing that will strengthen the identity of the characters. But in v0.9 all the characters gained a lot of mechanics, strengthening their identities, their classes.
- Vylat now manages to enter the body of enemies on the brink of death, to drink to the last drop of blood.
Ninn now manages to pack a string and place up to 12 summons at once in the field, and still manages to merge them all together to create a unique shape.
- Rhys won several buffs and debuffs, with new combat mechanics. How to mark targets for all allies to attack, healing for damage. New mechanics of raw healing and much more versatility when it comes to protecting an ally with your faith.
- Allure gained an absurd growth in mobility and explosion of damage, which is related to its element of fire. Is now able to spread the burning among all enemies to activate the pyromaniac side, sealing your wounds with the high temperatures in combat.
- Lance is now able to use his arcane power to teleport in combat, go back in time, and also the skill that may be the strongest in the game. "Arcane Detachment" which focuses on draining your own mana per second, converting your mana to additional skill damage.
In addition, all talents and skills can be improved, gaining an additional effect when maximized. These effects are not simply additional damage, they are new mechanics. As the new skill that Allure gains just by maximizing the skill "Rising Sun", gaining a skill that makes him go down to the ground, right after going up cutting with fire.
When does the v0.9 patch come out?
Unfortunately it will run out of date, we made a lot of mistakes in announcing release dates, without having tested anything before, we apologize for that.
In the tests we saw the number of bugs that can appear, delaying development too much.
The art part of the game is all set, the only things that are missing are critical bug fixes, mostly in multiplayer, heavy balancing across the 3 difficulty levels and some Vylat talents.
The performance problems have already been solved.
We will only announce a date when the game is playable, with no critical bugs found. The next date we announce will not be broken by anything.
The Good News
The entire art team was idle, having already finished everything. So we started to create a spin-off of the world of Noyah. That will tell a little about the trajectory of a very important character, that you will only know in this spin-off or version 1.0 of Mists of Noyah.
This game will be singleplayer, as our multiplayer dev is stuck in the development of “Mists of Noyah” until version 1.0.
As we already have a very large code base, we are reusing a lot to speed up the development of this game. He's close to leaving.
More information about this spin-off will soon be available on discord.
To apologize to the guys who are suffering along with us in the delay to release this patch. We are going to give 50 Keys of this spin-off to the 50 most active players on the discord. Talvanis will be left with the mission to choose these 50. (+50 randomly, total 100)
If the experience is cool, we will create several Noyah-based games, telling the story of each hero. Yes, it is in our plans to tell the story of Vylat with a roguelike, in a Gothic castle full of macabre monsters.
Mists of NoyahSP/MP: Single + MP
Release: In development
Inferno - Beyond the 7th Circle - Released
The dungeon crawler Inferno - Beyond The 7th Circle has been released:
Inferno - Beyond The 7th Circle
The world is dominated by demons: few humans survived and now they are just a minority on the planet. You are one of the survivors, struggling to find food and resources while demons and abominations rule over the Earth.
Inferno - Beyond The 7th Circle is an old-school Dungeon Crawler with survival elements. It's made for hardcore gamers and fans of 80s and 90s cRPG.loading...
It's the spiritual successor of The 7th Circle. Unlike its predecessor, Inferno - Beyond The 7th Circle has a more "classic" approach to the Dungeon Crawler genre: you can now save and load the game when you want and if you die you can just reload your last saved game. Also, there are plenty of new contents: more items, more skills, more spells, more tasks, quests and lot of resources to find.
Key features of the game
- Grid-based First Person Dungeon Crawler. If you've enjoyed classic CRPG from the 90s, you will like this game.
- Turn based combat. Take your time, plan your strategy.
- Create your character: choose attributes, skills, traits, personality and background.
- Learn more than 70 "Magic Formulas" to cast spells and use resources to empower your magics.
Deep character customization system
- Survive: search for food, clean water and other resources to craft items, weapons, armors and useful items.
- A huge map to explore.
- Improve your skills as you use them. E.G: the more you use an axe, the more you will improve your "Bladed Weapon" skill.
- Puzzle to solve, hidden areas to find, tasks to fulfill and a lot of demons to kill.
Inferno - Beyond the 7th CircleSP/MP: Single-player
Genre: Dungeon Crawler
Legend of Keepers - Released
The dungeon defender / roguelite mix Legend of Keepers has been released today:
Legend of Keepers
In this original mix of Dungeon Management and Roguelite, you will lead your career as a Dungeon Manager!
- Join the Dungeons Company and climb the corporate ladder
- Crush so-called "heroes" and protect the company's treasures
- Hire monsters, manage your employees and your stock of traps
- Deal with employee strikes and other fun eventsloading...
Each run will be different but players will keep some of their Master's bonuses between runs. Like we've already mentioned, our game is a mix between Roguelite and Dungeon Management. How did we achieve that? By running many tests to find the perfect balance between management and dungeon phases!
First, you will have to plan your defense against a group of adventurers. Check their stats and resistances, then place the best traps and monsters to defeat them! When you think your dungeon is ready, let the crawl begin!
You will then be able to watch those heroes die! It's a reversed dungeon crawler: heroes will move through your dungeon and will trigger the traps you placed. When a group of adventurers encounters a group of monsters you positioned in your dungeon, a turn-based fight will happen!
Games/Series that inspired us:
HeroQuest (Board Game), Naheulbeuk (French audio series), Kaamelott (the best French series), Monty Python (English series).
Video games: Darkest Dungeon, Slay the Spire, Dungeon Keeper, Final Fantasy, Divinity, For the King, Chroma Squad, Battle Brothers, West of Loathing and so many more..
Vagrus: The Riven Realms - Beast Types and Trade Offers
In devlog #44 we can learn more about changing the types of the beasts of burden of a comitatus and the mechanics of trade offers:
Devlog #44 | Beast Types and Trade Offers
This time, we come to you with a double feature of sorts, combining two topics into a single devlog post: changing the types of the beasts of burden of a comitatus and the mechanics of Trade Offers.
The vagrus's ability to change the type of beasts their comitatus uses has been planned to be added to the game from the beginning but it had to wait until recently for a couple of reasons. The first being that there were a number of other - more important - things to be added before and also because changing between only two types would have been a bit lackluster, but the third type was locked behind content that we got around to just lately (and is available since the addition of Larnak).
Of the three types of beasts, two are accessible in most settlements in-game. Mammals are slightly more common, which means that you can buy them in greater number in mansios, except in the deep deserts where reptiles are more common. Neither of these two types are better than the other in all respects. For example, reptile beasts of burden carry more cargo and move a tad faster but march less effectively and have a much larger consumption. Reptile mounts are slightly better at combat but less effective on long journeys than horses. Mammals are cheaper and so make it easier to scale up your comitatus but require more animal care, thus more work. The third type, insectioids, work as an upgrade in basically every aspect and cost a lot to obtain. This type is meant for high-end comitati in general.
Changing the beast type of your comitatus happens in the mansio and it changes both your beasts of burden as well as mounts to the selected type at once. From then on, you buy beasts and mounts for the new, active beast type, meaning you can never have mixed beast types in your comitatus.
Commerce in the Riven Realms is held in the iron grip of Trading Houses through official monopolies or the control of locations that produce valuable goods. A simple merchant who deals in smaller quantities of wares can not begin to imagine what profit these factions work with, especially compared to what the actual manufacturing or harvesting costs. Yet there are considerable expenses involved in these operations, too. If the hardships of travel over the accursed wastelands were not enough by themselves, factions regularly wage bloody wars for resources, mostly in the shadows but often openly as well out on the frontier - and these are astonishingly expensive.
In accordance with the above outline, we have always wanted players to only have access to large quantities of wares through factions. We had a lot of the feature in place, including UI elements, but we needed dynamic pricing to work before being able to add Trade Offers. Until it could be implemented properly, the temporary solution was to control stocks through the market of settlements, but it was less transparent in many ways - a lot of players neglected to check back to depleted or markets with a seemingly low goods density, believing that it will never change.
The concept of Trade Offers is not complicated: factions that have presence in a settlement post bulk offers for buyers and sellers alike. The content and quality of these offers depend on a variety of factors, including the faction's interest in and the supply-and-demand of the wares in question, the extent of their presence, as well as the player's unlocked Trade Offer tiers (from I. to III.).
Trade Offers can only be bought and sold in full stacks, and beside the normal price, vagri can get a better deal when spending faction reputation. Although factions do not sell their wares cheaper (except at higher standing with them on the source nodes of the goods), each unit of the offered stack costs the same, which is a great advantage over the dynamically changing market price even though it may seem that the initial couple of units cost less at the market than the offered ones. The result is that large scale trading is mostly viable through faction Trade Offers.
Apart from fitting the setting of the game, the point of this design is to keep smaller comitati more viable through normal market trading while to upkeep larger ones you would have to progress through factions. This is only true of course if the player wishes to delve into the trading aspect. Trade Tasks remain for those who mostly care about a fixed, certain profit without risking their coins.
We hope you will like these new additions - they certainly add new levels of depth and strategy when it comes to comitatus management.
The Lost Pilgrims Team
Together in Battle - Intro and Action Trailer
Together in BattleSP/MP: Single-player
Release: In development
Vagrus - Equipment Design Changes
In a new video the Vagrus development team shares information on the changes in equipment design.
The new mechanic allows players to use these items in more diverse and specialized ways. New types of equipment, like armaments, tools, and animals were added while we ironed out the older ones as well to make it more consistent and interesting. Many pieces of equipment are available for several slots, so you can mix and match in more ways than one.
Another change is that Deputies are now linked to equipment in a new way - they will open up extra slots for certain types when assigned to their post, further deepening the system. Now you'll be able to make use of more equipment at the same time and come up with combinations that better suit a large variety of situations in game. We also added a lot of new pieces of equipment with the last several patches, making the list of available ones fairly long by now, including some unique ones only acquirable through questing and faction reputation.
Behind the Horizon - Content Update 1.5
The farming RPG Behind the Horizon got a major update:
the time has come again and a new major update for Behind the Horizon is available.loading...
This time it's all about the graphics. I have integrated a new lighting system that creates very nice plastic effects with normal and specular mapping. Especially the caves have benefited enormously from this. On the surface, the effects are less noticeable because you are usually there during the day.
In addition, many textures (especially the paths and roads) have been improved or replaced, decorations added and transitions embellished.
The third major improvement concerns the starting map. There I went through the entire underground areas again and redesigned almost all the floors and stone tiles, so that there are now no more sprawling, monotonous areas. So I can only recommend everyone to try out the new starting map, i.e. to start a new game.
In addition, there are the usual minor adjustments and a few bugs that have been fixed.
You can see the list of all changes on my website or in the Steam Community section of Behind the Horizon.
Enjoy the game
Behind the HorizonSP/MP: Single-player
Wasteland 3 - Gets two DLCs
There will two expansions in total for Wasteland 3 and we add content into Ranger HQ and provide extra audio throughout the main game to increase reactivity. Plus, we added quite a few more songs for the game. We hope you enjoy...
Wasteland 3 - Patch 1.4.0 Feature Preview: Crafting
The latest update for Wasteland 3 talks about what to expect from patch 1.4 - crafting unique items.
Wasteland 3 Patch 1.4.0 Feature Preview: Crafting
The world in which the Rangers exist is a perilous environment filled with challenge at every turn, where desperation and despair wait just ahead and trail close behind. Survivors in this world do not get by with sheer luck or by accident. They maintain a will to survive that has been tempered for generations in this radioactive wasteland where life was meant to die.
Out here, the pieces of this broken world are your keys to rebuilding anew . . . or should at least prove helpful in prolonging your own grisly demise for another day.
CRAFTING THE APOCALYPSE
This year’s updates so far have included Permadeath, Difficult Skill Checks, new difficulty modes, new cosmetic options, and a host of quality-of-life changes and game improvements—but we’re not stopping there. With Patch 1.4.0 releasing in the next few weeks, your Rangers will soon be able to finally put much more of what they find across frozen Colorado to new use, and forge items that are oftentimes helpful, sometimes exotic, and occasionally, just batshit insane.
Wasteland 3’s Crafting system will introduce exciting new weapons and high-level mods for squads to experiment with. This is going to be especially beneficial for those of you coming back to play the expansions we’ve got coming. This is a true-to-Wasteland system, with new gear that celebrates the post-apoc theme, and packs other surprises that’ll keep you guessing. Along with all that new hotness, there’s also the obvious convenience of making your squads more self-sufficient in the field, as they’ll be able to make their own ammo and medical supplies on the run.
Overall, this system is going to give new purpose to a lot of the vendor Junk you find in the world, allowing you to grind it all up and spit it all back out as a bunch of shiny new items.
The new craftable W.A.S.P. Gun is every bit as horrific as you imagine it to be.
RECIPES FOR DESTRUCTION
Whether you’ll be challenging Colorado’s tundra in a fresh playthrough, or are continuing from an existing save, this next update will immediately grant you access to this new feature. Crafting in Wasteland 3 doesn’t require a Crafting skill—all you need are recipes and the components to make them.
There are effectively three ways to get recipes:
1. By leveling up your Skills!
The most basic recipes are acquired automatically as your characters’ Skills are leveled up. Increasing your First Aid, for example, will also unlock recipes to craft Med Hypos, Medic Packs, and more. Skill-point recipes like these tend to offer the most basic and regularly useful items like ammo, healing items, as well as standard weapon and armor mods.
Wolcen: Lords of Mayhem - Bloodstorm Update
Update 126.96.36.199, aka the Bloodstorm update four new environments—playable in Endgame expeditions, and 13 environment variations, including charming additions such as the "blood-curdling swamp" and "the stagnant graves". There are also 30 new difficulty levels and, perhaps most importantly, pets will now pick up gold for you. Thanks, little guy.
Damage type modifiers have been redesigned, new visual effects have been introduced for skills such as Annihilation, Anomaly, Mark of Impurity, and Tear of Etheliel. Expect new monster animations and significant skill rebalances as well.
Wolcen: Lords of MayhemSP/MP: Single + MP
Genre: Hack & Slash
Trials of Fire - Review @ Wccftech
Wccftech checked out Trials of Fire:
Trials of Fire Review – An RPG and a Roguelike Walk Into a Bar..
It is usually complicated to mash different video game genres together. Many have tried over the years, but most have failed. It literally required a trial of fire, and plenty of time in Early Access, for one developer to accomplish a truly remarkable feat: create a role-playing game mixed with elements from tactical-turn-based, deck-building, and roguelike that is not just fun to play but also incredibly accessible for all sorts of players.
The odds couldn't have been stacked worse for Trials of Fire. Roguelikes aren't known for being accessible games, and adding role-playing game features on top was a recipe for disaster. And while some of the role-playing game mechanics aren't particularly deep, there's no doubt that developer Whatboy Games managed to masterfully blend them with features from different genres to create an incredibly engaging mix that many will enjoy for a very long time.
Trials of Fire is an amazing blend of RPG, turn-based, and roguelike mechanics that manages to be both deep and accessible at the same time. With a great storybook presentation, tons of different options to customize the experience, and the multitude of builds made possible by the great deck-building system, even those with a passing interest in roguelike and role-playing games will find plenty to like in the game.
Trials of FireSP/MP: Single-player
Warsim: The Realm of Aslona - Quality of Life Update
A new quality of life update for Warsim: The Realm of Aslona brings many new features.
Warsim 0.8.3.6 (The Quality of Life Update, 119 features)
The last week and a half has been amazing, since the Overwhelmingly Positive update we've had a ton of new amazing reviews and nearly 1000 new Warsim players! To everyone new, Welcome :)
This update is a pretty broad one, lots of little fixes and quality of life additions. I'm still working through a mix of bug reports and backlogged suggestions while also working through the combat update plans.
NAME SUFFIX SYSTEM EXPANDED (3 features)
For a long time certain name suffixes have been able to have addons added to them 'Garbald the Sad' could also be 'Garbald the Sad Knight' or 'Garbald the Sad Raider' modified by Warsim's in-game suffix add on system. Unlike adding new name suffixes, adding new suffix addons was a harder process done only within the games code. I set out to completely replace that system and have it fully moddable and accessible just like the suffix system is, so now in a new text file called 'Name Suffix Addon.txt' in the main Warsim Data folder you can find all of the possible addons followed by the battlescore bonus they provide. While expanding this system I added a ton of new addon parts which has led to over a quarter of a million new possible random name suffix combinations. You'll see these as hirable champions, staff members, enemy rulers etc. This system is even more exciting for me because unlike the 3000ish current name suffixes, all of these will be random and unpredictable combinations that will even catch me offguard. Being caught offguard with random content in a game I've spent 5 years making and know like the back of my hand is always a bonus!
* Added new moddable system for name suffix addons
* Added 265 new name suffix addons (was 57 now 322 total) (With 1199 total modifiable name suffixes this means there are 386'078 possible random name suffix combinations now)
* Made name suffix addon system 2x more likely to be used when generating names
Some of the random names created by the new system
MILITIA GROWTH (2 features)
A good point was made on our discord by Paul-2020 about not being able to see Militia unit growth, I've now added mention of it to the end of turn report.
* Added ability to see how many peasants have joined the milita each year in end of turn report (credit Paul-2020)
* Added alternate text for militia recruiting a single peasant in end of turn report
New militia end of turn notice
Warsim: The Realm of AslonaSP/MP: Single-player
Release: In development
Wasteland 3 - DLC Battle of Steeltown: June 3
The Wasteland 3 DLC The Battle of Steeltown will be released on June 3:
Wasteland 3: The Battle of Steeltown - Announcement Teaserloading...
The entire experience can be played either alone or in co-op. As part of a press release, game director David Rogers described the DLC as the culmination of developer inXile Entertainment's work since launch.
"For those playing Wasteland 3 for the first time they’ll be playing the best version of the game. For players coming back to visit Steeltown they’re in for a treat with new story, characters, and combat mechanics that really change up tactics in challenging new ways.
They’ll also see characters and stories they started in the base game make an appearance, with new interactions for everyone’s favorite foul-mouthed parrot, Santa’s Elves ‘Where Are They Now?’ and more. All of this is complemented with incredible new post-apoc music."
Arcadian Atlas - Has a Publisher
Arcadian Atlas has secured a publisher. Additionally a comment from the developer on the Kickstarter page suggests that the game maybe getting close to beta. You might want to check out the latest Kickstarter update from February to see some videos and general progress so far.
Alrighty beta backers, we're about 1 month, give or take some change (might have feedback from the publisher next milestone turn-in we want to address) before we send yall your keys! Again, if you have not received your survey and you are in one of the $40+ pledge tiers, you should have received a Kickstarter survey from me. If you did not receive this survey, please shoot me a message here on Kickstarter and I'll get back to you ASAP!
It's been an absolutely INSANE sprint of keeping our faces to our monitors, knocking out milestone after milestone with the publisher. We're on a very tight timeline, but I'm super pleased to say we are actually slightly AHEAD of schedule at the moment. Because of this, we are excited to share with y'all that we are jumping a bit forward in our milestones & starting the storyboarding for a new trailer!! It has been ages since we put out a video and we're pumped to show ya all the cool stuff we've been working on.
The trailer is going to be huge for us -- pitching to various consoles and major game events! The pitch is also a big time for us because it means it's almost time to reveal who we are working with (*cough* not Epic *cough*) via a big ol' announcement! So lot's of cool stuff coming down the pipeline there.
Arcadian AtlasSP/MP: Single-player
Release: In development
Drox Operative 2 - Early Access Month 10
Drox Operative 2 has changed a lot over the last ten months:
Drox Operative 2 early access month 10
Drox Operative 2 has now been in early access for over 10 months and is currently available on Steam and GOG.
As of this post, we've released 42 patches (10 since the last post) with 1,427 total changes (176 since the last post), which can be read here. This consists of a ton of small fixes and balance changes, but there have been a bunch of larger changes.
Weapons: We added 5 new weapon types (ballistic burst, plasma blast, manual beam, chaining beam, and plasma wave), improved many of the old weapon types (fighters, bombs, missiles, and special weapons), race ships can also use the new weapon types, and now race ships and monsters can fire their weapons from much farther away.
Cataclysms: These are massive sector wide events that can greatly change the balance of power. Some examples: Harvesters, Fanatics, Singularity, and Creeping Death.
Icons: Our artists added more icons for skills, services, defensive ram components, and offensive ram components.
Better Diplomacy Options: You can now buy planet data from the races, there is an option to sponsor diplomat & colony ships, beacons now work for all races, and planting spies is cheaper.
Improved Radar: Radar now tracks planets, gates, and allies much better.
Win/Loss: Subject races no longer count for diplomatic wins, the death cost has been decreased so it's harder to get an economic loss, win conditions now have priority over lose conditions, and diplomatic win rewards are much better.
Drox Operative 2SP/MP: Single + MP
Release: In development
Vagrus: The Riven Realms - Faction Rewards
In dev-update #42 for Vagrus: The Riven Realms we learn more about faction rewards:
Devlog #42 | Faction Rewards
A devlog post about the state of Vagrus - The Riven Realms
With the arrival of Factions to Vagrus, you guys got a new way to specialize your comitatus. Up until the addition of Faction rewards, however, this meant some obscure (albeit very welcome - we're looking at you, road tax) boons and perks but then with claimable rewards, Factions quickly became our players' new best friends.loading...
The Name of the Game
In its core, the system is well-known in video games: build more reputation by doing repeatable, procedurally generated Tasks as well as unique stories, unlock higher tiers of Standing with a Faction by doing so, and receive your rewards. The higher the Standing, the better the rewards - it is that simple. Or is it? Of course, staying friendly with a Faction might be a challenge of its own, seeing how they tend to hate each other so passionately. This means that gaining reputation with a Faction will reduce reputation with their enemies, albeit not with the same intensity. It was deliberately implemented this way so that you can not get all the goodies in a single run - a balancing act, a tool of immersion, and a factor in replayability.
Vagrus: The Riven Realms - Patch 0.5.30.
Vagrus: The Riven Realms got a new patch:
A New Build is OUT - Patch 0.5.30. - Codename: Brimstone and Bones
the time has come to revisit the region that featured in Pilgrims of the Wasteland, the tutorial/prelude of Vagrus. We opened up that very zone for the open-world campaign, albeit we are 10 years in the future compared to that prologue story, so expect some changes. There was a bit of a switcheroo involving several patches in the works and eventually the choice fell onto pushing this out in part to fix a game-breaking bug from the previous patch. For this reason, expect a smaller update in the near future that irons out a few things regarding the currently added content, although we might end up merging that with Mercenary Tasks, the next larger addition.
Considering the extent of these improvements there is little to no chance that we broke nothing in the process. Assume that we did not want to make anyone's life harder. If you see something amiss, please flag it to us using the usual channels, like the inbuild reporting tool (F1 button), forums, and our Discord server.
Now let's jump into the details:
Patch 0.5.30 - Codename: Brimstone and Bones
- The Smolderbone region is finally open, as well as a new part of the Searing Plains
- They include five new points of interest: the city of Avernum, Omphalat Outpost, as well as the tribal settlements Vitrar and Utvorar, plus the dreaded Writhing Oasis.
- A number of stories and quests that lead to this zone continue, and a lot of new ones begin here, too.
- A new companion , the veteran warrior and former kingpin Skornar can be recruited in Avernum.
- New/Updated Features
- Defender, Diehard, and Marksman Perks implemented.
- Skill dependencies implemented for Burrow, Eviscerate, and a number of other enemy Skills. In some instances, these Skills appear as new (like Eviscerate) but mostly they got more restricted in their use by the tweaks.
- Considerable changes to market prices.
- A number of fixes/design changes to Trade Offers.
- Enemy Mounts and Beasts gained through Crew Combat are now turned into supplies when your comitatus uses the Yrg beast type.
- Enemy combat resistances nerfed all across the board.
- Most Event UI crashes/bugs fixed - not all of them, though
- Various smaller fixes and Event script tweaks
- Skornar's Guard Stance retaliation attack upon successful block may not always trigger. We are investigating the reason.
- Load times are getting higher and higher. We plan to address the issue closer to the final release.
'Is Vagrus properly balanced now?'
'Was it a step in the right direction?'
- We think so. Please let us know how you find it.