Children of Morta - All News
Children of Morta - Co-op Review
James Likes Games checked out the co-op mode of Children of Morta:
Is Children of Morta Worth It? | Children of Morta Co-op Reviewloading...
Children of Morta is an Action RPG with rogue-like elements. They recently released a co-op update. Check out this video to learn more about the game and whether it's worth it. If you enjoyed the video, please consider liking and subscribing!
Children of Morta - Free Family Trials Update
The free Family Trials update for Children of Morta is now available on your favorite gaming platform.
Chop your way through perilous dungeons, complete objectives, and construct the ultimate character build to purge the Corruption once again
Warsaw, Poland - April 7th, 2021 — Children of Morta's biggest update yet is now live on PC, Nintendo Switch, PlayStation 4, and Xbox One. Family Trials is a combat-focused game mode and all users can now hop into the fast-paced action for free. Children of Morta is an action-RPG hack-n-slash produced by Dead Mage and published by 11 bit studios.
Zyklus, a unique and abnormal dungeon located somewhere in the world of Rea, is a central part of the Family Trials mode. Zyklus is affected by world-consuming Corruption. Its rapidly changing rules and environments mean that upon entering the dungeon you may never be fully prepared for the mortal dangers that lay ahead.
Family Trials is separated from the story-focused main game mode. It offers new systems, items, character build possibilities, and more - all set in a series of completely randomized dungeons. It also brings a new challenge to the game - most of your progress is lost when you die - so you better learn from your mistakes!
Family Trials Mode:
- Objectives - Complete main objectives and optional side-objectives to advance to the next floor. Objectives vary from protecting the Rea Laborers from waves of enemies to fighting in the arena to surviving the flood of corrupted adversaries, and more!
- Additional difficulty levels - Unlock two additional difficulty levels: Hard and Insane. The higher difficulty, the more levels you have to beat!
- Character builds - Experiment with your character builds and learn from your mistakes to best your consecutive dungeon runs.
- Each level is a new adventure - Levels are completely randomized each time you enter the dungeons.
- It's the whole family - All Bergson family members and their active abilities are available from the very beginning.
New systems, items and features:
- The Skill Tree is replaced with a new Talent System - Each time a character levels up, they get to choose a new Talent.
- Runes no longer drop in the dungeons - They become a part of the Talent System instead.
- Divine Relics and Divine Graces have two additional power tiers - You can upgrade them in the special shop or find them in dungeons.
- Item upgrades vary from simple stat boosts to additional special traits unlocked for each item.
- 40 talents per character - Stack upgrades and modifications for your skills and passives to dominate your enemies.
- In-game deeds with special rewards to help you survive Family Trials. Complete them to start your run with bonus HP, instant level up, extra gemstones, or even free items.
- Gem shards work as the main currency in Family Trials mode - Use them in the new shop to gamble for rewards, upgrade your equipment, and buy new shinies.
Children of Morta - Review
Tausken checked out the action RPG Children of Morta:
Children of Mortaloading...
Children of Morta - Free Shrine of Challenge Update
The free Shrine of Challenge update for Chldren of Morta is available now.
Children of Morta's First Free Content Update Is Now Live — Shrine of Challenge Opens Its Gates for Fearless Heroes
New modes, enemies, and more available across all platforms
Warsaw, Poland - February 6, 2020 — New challenges await in Children of Morta as Dead Mage and 11 bit studios release the first content update in the game's extensive 2020 roadmap! The successful indie, action-RPG featuring elements of rogue-lite and hack n' slash gameplay has wowed players and critics alike since its release and its first free content update, Shrine of Challenge, is now live and available on PC, Xbox One, Nintendo Switch, and PlayStation 4.
The Bergson family fought the Corruption without a glimpse of respite, but their journey is far from over. Shrine of Challenge marks the first stop on the 2020 roadmap of free updates and brings with it a wealth of fresh content. The addition of Hard Mode provides an even greater challenge and gives players the experience rewards to match it. Battle-hardened players will find themselves challenged at every turn. Along with new fight rules and enemies, all-new items are available to help the fearless Bergsons purge their homeland of evil. Are you up for the challenge?
Shrine of Challenge update contains:
- Hard Mode - Increased enemy damage and health, bigger XP rewards
- New Enemies - Dark Blade and Mech Constructor
- 18 New Items - Granite boulders falling from the sky, bolts of electricity lighting up your enemies, and so many more to discover
- New UI with larger HUD option
- Balance Tweaks for Normal Mode and other fixes
PC players can purchase Children of Morta at a 30% discount on both Steam and GOG for a limited time.
Children of Morta - 2020 Roadmap Revealed
A content roadmap for Children of Morta has been revealed and it looks like this:
Children of Morta will see a mountain of new content in 2020 as revealed in an expansive content roadmap
The Bergsons’ fight against the Corruption continues in 2020
Warsaw, Poland - December 17, 2019 — Children of Morta, the story-driven rogue-lite RPG developed by Dead Mage and published by 11 bit studios, will receive a ton of content in the coming months and beyond as detailed in a newly released 2020 roadmap.
The latest addition to 11 bit studios’ publishing portfolio, Children of Morta has been a massive success story both commercially and creatively. Breaking even on its development costs after only three days on the market, the game was received positively from fans and critics alike.
11 bit studios is excited to offer those passionate fans even more in 2020. As players have come to expect and appreciate, the majority of new content coming to Children of Morta will be available free of charge to those who own the game with only the Uncharted Lands expansion being released as paid DLC. Let’s take a look at what’s on the way:
- Shrine of Challenge (I) introduces hard difficulty and an item pack with more than 20 new items including Charms, Divine Graces and Divine Relics.
- Setting Sun Inn (II) invites you to New Game+ mode in which players carry their unlocked characters, skill tree, Morv, and Workshop Upgrades into a new playthrough after completing the game.
- Random Encounter (!) means what it says and says what it means - you’ll never know what you might find here!
- In the Bergsons’ House (III) a new playable character awaits.
- The Fellowship Sanctuary (IV) adds the much anticipated online co-op to the game.
- Temple of the Endless (V) contains a series of arenas with waves of enemies, mini-bosses, and a new boss. This Endless Mode fully supports online co-op.
- The Treasure (VI) update will contain more than 30 new items including Charms, Divine Graces and Divine Relics.
- All this should prepare you for The Uncharted Lands (VII). The next journey for the Bergson family will be a brand new DLC chapter with a main quest and a home event, another playable hero, new enemies, and a new boss.
Finally, a surprise for music fans everywhere who want to bring the soothing sounds of Children of Morta with them wherever they go -- the Children of Morta Original Soundtrack, composed by Hamidreza Ansari, is now available on YouTube, Spotify, and iTunes for your listening pleasure!
Children of Morta - Review @ Games Xtreme
Games Xtreme checked out Children of Morta:
Children of Morta Review
Children of Morta is a game that has certainly flown under my radar, available on PC, Xbox, PlayStation and Nintendo Switch this action, adventure, role playing game with rogue-like elements is developed by Dead Mage and published by 11 bit studios and it is certainly an interesting take on the genre. Children of Morta is a story driven game about an esteemed family of heroes who head out to attempt to put a stop to an impending corruption that is sure to destroy the world. You will experience a unique pixelated designed world along with flashes of beautifully crafted artwork, a deep story to keep you wanting more and a mix of RPG and rogue-like mechanics that fans of the genre will surely enjoy.
From the moment I first loaded up Children of Morta I was pleasantly surprised; I don't play many indie games so to play one as deep as this one with a fantastic story that is superbly narrated was a pleasure. The voice acting of the narrator was top notch and professional, the music score was atmospheric and inspirational, and the game play was as good as any hack and slash game out there. There were a few issues with narration cutting out before finishing but apart from that you can't go wrong with Children of Morta, it's an indie game that is up there with the best of them and it is sure to keep you busy for hours upon hours especially if you are the type of gamer that enjoys a good grind.
-> MUST BUY
Children of Morta - 11 Facts
Apparently the development cost for Children of Morta has been covered by the sales of the game. Next to that also a new video is made available showing 11 facts about the game.
Children of Morta, the highly-regarded action RPG following the harrowing journey of a family of heroes, launched on September 3rd and has covered its cost of development after only a few days on the bestseller lists of online game stores like Steam and GOG.com. Following years of hard work and dedication, developer Dead Mage and publisher 11 bit studios could not be more pleased with its success. Coming to Xbox One, PlayStation 4, and Nintendo Switch this October 15th, both teams are looking forward to carrying this success onto consoles. The triumph of Children of Morta proves that strength and perseverance, much like the bonds of the Bergson family, are what it takes to overcome even the mightiest of obstacles.
Along with this news of their success, 11 bit studios have continued their tradition of the "11 facts about" videos by creating a brand-new gameplay trailer explaining every bit of the game under the unsurprising title "11 facts about Children of Morta!".
Children of Morta - Review @ RPG Crawler
RPG Crawler checked out the rogue-lite Children of Morta:
Indie Game Friday - Children of Mortaloading...
A family-based roguelite... Kinda interesting.
Children of Morta - Released
Children of Morta is now available for PC at the usual places. The release for consoles is scheduled for the 15th of October.
Long-awaited Action RPG Children of Morta Lands on PCs Today!
Stand together with this extraordinary family of heroes
Warsaw, Poland - Sept. 3rd, 2019 — Developer Dead Mage and Publisher 11 bit studios are excited to announce that Children of Morta has launched today for PC after five years of creative development. Available now for $21.99 USD (21,99€) players can pick up the game on Steam, GOG.com, Humble Store, Green Man Gaming, and others. The console version will debut next month on Xbox One, PlayStation 4, and Nintendo Switch launching on October 15th. This pixel-art painted RPG with vigorous action tells a remarkable story, not about one warrior, but a family of heroes - the Bergsons - and their bonds of love, courage, and sacrifice.
Children of Mortasets its story in a distant land but copes with themes closer to our daily lives than one would expect. It's a tale of simple emotions that we all know and value more than we sometimes dare to admit: love and hope, longing and uncertainty, and the loss and sacrifice we are willing to make to save the ones we care the most for. The rogue-lite action plays an important role in the gameplay, but Children of Morta is not a story about saving the universe. It's a story about a valiant family standing together while the world around them is being devoured by darkness.
Children of Morta is about:
- FAMILY TIES as the Bergsons strengthen them and themselves when fighting.
- INHERITED TALENTS as each family member has different backgrounds and expertise, shaping them into a diverse group of Guardians.
- ANCESTRAL WISDOM of Grandma Margaret and Uncle Ben - the seer and blacksmith of the family. They upgrade the family's gear and boost main attributes.
- MYSTICAL MOUNTAIN as a place full of history, legends, and magic. Delve into the mountain itself and unravel the mysteries inside.
- AN EVER-CHANGING WORLD as the touch of corruption makes every forest, dungeon, or temple different each time you explore and skirmish through them.
- A UNIQUE ART STYLE that is a combination of hand-painted pixel art and frame-by-frame animations paired with modern lighting techniques.
Children of Morta - Review @ Capsule Computers
Children of Morta will be released today - Capsule Computers has reviewed this rogue-like:
Children of Morta Reviewloading...
RPGWatch @ Gamescom - Children of Morta Preview
Children of Morta is a roguelite, using pixelart graphics, where you play with members of the same family to root out the evil that plagues Mount Morta. I've had the opportunity to play this game at Gamescom and ask some questions about it.
Children of Morta is a roguelite game that tries to be different from other games in the genre. One way the developers did that is by using pixelated graphics, but they also made the game very story driven and you are playing with the members of the same family. The Bergson family has lived near and watched over the mystical Mount Morta for a long time, but recently corruption has spread in the mountain and it is up to the family to fight the corruption and get Mount Morta back to its former state. The story will take you through mount Morta all the way to the top, where the story is concluded. Along the way you will have the option to play many side quests as well.
The home of the family acts as a hub where you can upgrade items and the family skills. The developers want players to use all the playable characters in the family and switch between them. This is why they have invented the family skills, which are skills that are available to everyone in the family. These are skills that are not class specific and most of them are passive skills as well, like swiftness, armor and base attack damage. So, even if you have not taken a character with you for some time, that character will still get the family skills automatically. Each character has also its own set of active skills that are based on the class of the character.
Children of Morta - Launches October 15
The roguelike RPG Children of Morta will launch on the 15th of October.
Join an Epic Family of Heroes as Children of Morta Reveals its Release Date and a New Trailer
Warsaw, Poland - August 7th, 2019 — Publisher 11 bit studios and developer Dead Mage are thrilled to announce the highly-anticipated roguelike RPG, Children of Morta will be arriving on PC this September 3, 2019. The Nintendo Switch, Xbox One, and PlayStation 4 versions of the game will launch on October 15, 2019.
Corruption has spread, morphing the once peaceful Mount Morta into a violent and monster-infested nightmare. Will you be able to sacrifice everything to save the ones you care for? Children of Morta is a story-driven action RPG about a valiant family standing together while the world around them is devoured in darkness. Lead the Bergsons, with all their flaws and virtues, and experience what it means to be in a family of heroes.
Children of Morta copes with themes closer to our daily lives than one would expect. It is a story of the simple emotions we all know so well — and value more than sometimes we dare to admit — love and hope, longing and uncertainty, ultimately loss and the sacrifices we are willing to make to save the ones we care the most for.
Children of Morta will be available digitally on Xbox One, Nintendo Switch, PlayStation 4, and PC at 21.99 USD/EUR. The boxed editions from Merge Games will be released on Nintendo Switch, PlayStation 4 and PC (in Europe
Children of Morta - Roguelike, Coming this Summer
The roguelike RPG Children of Morta will be available at the end of the summer. The first thing you will notice when watching the video is the used graphics style.
Warsaw, June 5, 2019 - Making its way to Xbox One, Nintendo Switch, PlayStation 4, and PC, Children of Morta has today received pricing across all platforms. Developed by Dead Mage and published by 11 bit studios, Children of Morta will be available digitally for $21.99 USD and €21.99 later this summer. While knowing the price is nice, what's nicer is the stunning box art for the game that has also been released today!Children of Morta sets its story in a distant land but copes with themes closer to our daily lives that one would expect. It is a story of the simple emotions we all know so well - and value more than sometimes we dare to admit - love and hope, longing and uncertainty, ultimately loss and the sacrifices we are willing to make to save the ones we care the most for.
Embark on the adventure of an extraordinary family of heroes. With the Corruption spreading through the land, the guardians of the Mountain Morta have to stand up against an ancient evil. But... it's not a story about saving the universe. It's a story about a valiant family standing together while the world around them is being devoured by darkness.
Children of Morta will be available digitally on Xbox One, Nintendo Switch, PlayStation 4, and PC at 21.99 USD/EUR. The boxed editions from Merge Games will be released on Nintendo Switch, PlayStation 4 and PC (in Europe and Australia) alongside the digital releases.
Information aboutChildren of Morta
Developer: Dead Mage Inc.
Regions & platforms
· Platform: PC
· Released: 2019-09-03
· Publisher: 11 bit Studios